D-46 | Combination Air Valve
The D-46 series Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- Dynamic design allows for high velocity air discharge while preventing premature closure.
- Simple and reliable structure small dimensions, lightweight.
- Available in sizes: 2", 3", 4".
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- The body is made of high-strength metallic materials.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected, corrosion- resistant materials.
- Working pressure range: 1.45 – 250 psi
- Maximum operating temperature: 140°F.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 194° F.
- For installation:
- Pump stations: after the pump and after the check valve.
- Downstream (after) and upstream (before) of shut-off valves.
- After deep-well pumps.
- On long constant-sloped pipeline segments.
- At peaks along the pipeline and at peaks relative to hydraulic gradient.
- At end lines.
- Before water meters.
- On strainers and filters.
Last Updated on: Sunday, 05 March 2023