D-26SB | Underground Air Valve
The D-26SB is a complete product package that combines the reliable and efficient properties of the A.R.I. D-26 ** combination air valve for wastewater with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground. A specially designed horizontal sliding disc valve - situated at the base of the D-26SB assembly - allows for the air valve disconnection and maintenance from ground level. This shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism, enabling disconnection and removal of the D-26SB air valve from its sub-surface housing, even when the system is under pressure. Since service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, there is no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
**Note: For additional information on the D-26 2" & 3" air valves, please review our catalog technical sheet D-26.
**Note: For additional information on the D-026SB air valve, please review our catalogue technical sheet D-026SB.
- Complete product package that combines the A.R.I. D-26 2" &3" combination air valves for wastewater with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground.
- Underground air valve system replaces need for manholes and reduces installation costs.
- Service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, therefore, no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling removal of the D-26 air valve from its sub-surface housing, even when the system is under pressure.
- Low installation costs, low maintenance costs, safe, reliable and efficient operation.
- Pipe connections: 3” threaded or flanged, in accordance with all standards.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Lower air valve body: 2" Reinforced Nylon or Stainless Steel316 3" cast Steel or Stainless steel.
- Cover: Stainless Steel SAE 316.
- All operating parts are made of corrosion - resistant materials.
- Working pressure range: 2'' 1.5 - 250 PSI / 3" 3-250 PSI
- Maximum operating temperature: 140°F.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 194° F.
- Two different installation lengths:
- – 32" tube; complete system length: 39.7".
- – 40" tube; complete system length: 47.6".
- For underground installation on wastewater, water treatment and industrial systems in areas of frost or under roads, buildings etc.