D-060-C NS HF, D-062NS HF | Combination Air Valve
The D-060-C NS series slam dampening Combination Air Valve has the features of both an air release valve and an air & vacuum valve. The air release component is designed to automatically release small pockets of air to the atmosphere as they accumulate along a pipeline or piping system when it is full and operating under pressure. The air & vacuum component is designed to automatically discharge or admit large volumes of air during the filling or draining of a pipeline or piping system. This valve will open to relieve negative pressures whenever water column separation occurs.
- A surge-dampening, slam-preventing, 3-stage combination air valve.
- The air valve provides high capacity vacuum protection and, at the same time, efficient surge suppression.
- Triple function:
- Air & vacuum component discharges large volumes of air during filling of the system.
- Air & vacuum component admits large volumes of air during drainage and at water column separation.
- The air release component releases entrapped air in pressurized systems.
- All main flow cross-sections are equal or greater than the nominal port area.
- Special orifice seat design: combination of Stainless Steel and E.P.D.M. rubber assures long-term maintenance-free operation.
- Available in sizes: 2"- 10".
- These valves are manufactured with flanged ends to meet any requested standard.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Body and cover made of Ductile Iron ASTM A-536 60-40-18.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- Other coatings are available upon request.
- Air Release Component:
- Body made of high strength composite materials.
- D-060-C/D-062 models have a protective shell made of Cast Iron ASTM A-48 CL35B/Ductile Iron ASTM A-536-60-40-18.
- All operating parts are made of specially selected corrosion- resistant polymer materials.