D-060-C NS HF SB | Underground Air Valve System
The D-060-C NS HF SB is a complete product package that combines the reliable and efficient properties of the A.R.I. D-060-C NS HF Combination Air Valve with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground. A specially designed gear box operated horizontal sliding disc valve - situated at the base of the D-060-C NSHSB assembly - allows for the air valve disconnection and maintenance from ground level.
This gear box operated shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling disconnection and removal of the D-060 NS air valve from its subsurface housing, even when the system is under pressure. Since service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, there is no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
The D-060-C NS HF series Combination Non Slam Air Valve is a surge dampening, slam-preventing, 3-stage combination air valve. The air valve provides high capacity vacuum protection and, at the same time, efficient surge suppression.
- Complete product package that combines the A.R.I. D-060-C NS HF combination non-slam air valve with the added feature of a sub-surface valve that can be buried below ground.
- Underground air valve system replaces need for manholes and reduces installation costs.
- Service and maintenance operations of the unit are performed entirely from the surface, therefore, no need for safety considerations associated with confined space entry.
- Combines the features of both an air & vacuum valve and an air release valve.
- Shut-off valve is equipped with a safety mechanism enabling removal of the D-060-C NS HFair valve from its sub-surface housing, even when the system is under pressure.
- Low installation costs, low maintenance costs, safe, reliable and efficient operation.
- Pipe connections: 3” threaded or flanged, in accordance with all standards.
Materials and Corrosion Protection
- Shell and cover made of non-corrosive P.V.C.
- Body and cover made of Ductile Iron ASTM A-536 60-40-18.
- Orifice seat and seal: Stainless Steel and E.P.D.M. rubber.
- Valve coating: fusion bonded epoxy coating according to standard DIN 30677-2.
- All operating parts are made of corrosion- resistant materials.
- Working pressure range: D-060-C NS HF : 3 – 285 psi.
- D-062 NS HF : 3 – 360 psi.
- Maximum operating temperature: 140°F.
- Maximum intermittent temperature: 194°F.
- For municipal and industrial liquid conveyance systems.